This role will serve as a lead Chemical Engineer for the Chemours Assets at Washington Works. The individual will provide overall Chemical Engineering guidance and support for the Operations, Maintenance, and Technology Teams in the Monomer Area. This will entail involvement in day-to-day troubleshooting in the plant, as well as support for improvement programs in the areas of Process Improvements, UPTIME, reliability, cost, safety, new capital installations, etc.
The Monomer Operating Unit is designated as a high hazard process. Individual unit operations include but are not limited to: distillation columns, compressors, pumps, refrigeration machines, multiple alloys, reactors, piping, tanks, thermal oxidizer, etc.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Act as a lead Chemical Engineering resource.
- Recommends and implements solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Assist with recommendations for day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Leads and participates in Incident Investigations.
- Leads and Participates in Process Hazards Analyses.
- Leads Capital Programs to upgrade equipment.
- Participates on a Highly Toxic Material Committee.
- Provides Environmental Support.
- Travel requirements are <10%.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a High Hazard Chemical Manufacturing Process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical equipment used in a Chemical Plant (i.e. pumps, compressors, piping, distillation columns, reactors, refrigeration machines, etc.).
- Demonstrated in depth capability to understand the underlying chemical interactions within a Chemical Plant.
- Superior Oral and Written skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hard hat, Nomex, eye protection, respirators, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of OSHA 1910 (Process Safety Management).
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Experience leading/participating in Process Hazards Analyses.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) Certification.
- Experience with various modelling software like Aspen, TMODS, Fathom, etc.
Mid-level industry position
West Virgini, Parkersburg
Parkersburg , United States