Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI we are seeking a Scientist to develop and evaluate new potential competitive products, technologies, and experimental plans in support of marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop, improve, or optimize processes to support ongoing research and custom chemical manufacturing
- Design and execute experiments with the goal to improve/optimize reaction conditions, raw materials costs and isolated yields
- Transfer the developed process technology to qualification and/or production via departmentally supported procedures
- Maintain databases, document work and results accurately and generate technical reports
- Contribute as individual contributor and work as a team to achieve goals, including meeting deadlines and productivity markers
- Execute appropriate on-line and literature searches in support of assigned work and/or troubleshooting
- Interpret spectral and other analytical data for structural elucidation and support of interpretation of process outcome
- Problem solving and troubleshooting in support of departmental or plant operations
- Present scientific rationales for unexpected experimental outcomes including out-of-specification products
- Participate in the quoting process and maintain an effective communication with customer
- Participate in the development of in-process and/or final product testing in support of the analytical development team
- Assist analytical development team in establishing specifications for intermediates and final products.
Who You are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Scientific discipline or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in an industrial process development environment or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related Scientific discipline with 10+ years’ experience in an industrial process development environment
- PhD with 2+ years’ experience in an industrial process development environment.
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and safe chemical handling. Purification techniques (crystallization, distillation, chromatography).
- Basic chemical analysis (GC, mp, HPLC, IR, UV, NMR). Knowledge of spectra interpretation and mathematics.
- Ability to effective oral and written communication skills.
- Technical writing (experimental procedures, reports, etc.) Computer literate (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Organizational and time management skills. Interpersonal skills and knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Executive / senior industry position
Sheboygan Falls, US
Sheboygan Falls , United States