Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is hiring a Scientist II – Assay Development. In this role you will be responsible for the coordination, planning, execution, and development of commercial screening projects of tumor-derived organoid models, 3D cell cultures. You will be interacting with customers, will design customized projects, and manage assay development projects. You may also lead technicians and interact with product development and services teams. In addition, you be responsible for quality control and the report generation and discussion of the project reports with the customer.
- Project management
- Designing customer project proposals based on customer specifications
- Data analysis and report preparation
- Delivering customer reports
- Research, development, and communication
- Conceiving, developing, and validating innovative biological assays for comparison with established standards
- Experiment setting, execution, and data analysis
- Cell and organoid culture maintenance and characterization
- Write and submit abstracts to conferences, prepare conference posters, white papers, scientific materials for client engagement/ marketing
- Training and supervision
- Training and supervision of technicians and other scientists to run assays
- Critically evaluate performance of personnel
- Business development
- Identifying customer needs, proposing appropriate solutions based on company portfolio
- Communicating leads to relevant colleagues for follow-up
- Engaging potential customers online and at conferences and other events
- Working at a computer and/or a laboratory hood for extended periods of time
- Wearing and working utilizing standard laboratory PPE in a BSL2 environment
This position may include occasional weekend work for cell culture maintenance.
Who you are:
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or other related Scientific discipline OR Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry Biomedical Engineering, or related Scientific discipline with 2+ years’ experience in laboratory research
- 2+ years of experience with cell culture
- 1+ year of experience in assay development
- 1+ year of experience with reading, understanding, and writing SOPs
- Functional proficiency with imaging-based assays, along with knowledge of 3D cell culture and relevant assays
- Experience in fluorescent/confocal microscopy and imaging
- Experience in data processing and report generation
- Basic knowledge of working with databases and LIMS
- Relevant industry experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.