A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma in Bedford, MA, the Scientist - Cell Therapy will contribute to the development of innovative tools and technologies for cell therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in the Cell Therapy Bioprocessing group developing new cell processing systems and applications for an array of regenerative medicine cell types. The scientist in this strategic position will independently manage experiments, evaluate data, and provide timely interpretation and communication of results. The position involves working collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel including both internal and external collaborators.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, or other Science discipline with 4+ years of experience in mammalian cell culture OR
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, or other Science discipline with 2+ years of experience in mammalian cell culture
- Master’s degree in life science, chemical engineering, or related field with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Technical expertise in T cell biology, immuno-oncology and cell therapy process development; downstream processing experience for cell therapies a plus
- Hands-on experience with primary cell culture including T-cells, iPSCs, NK cells
- Solid understanding of principles and practices in cell-based manufacturing; hands on use of closed-system technologies for cell processing and culturing desirable
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques and immunology for cell characterization including microscopy, flow cytometry, and metabolite quantification.
- Experience in statistical analysis, familiarity with design of experiment (DoE) approaches, and experimental design skills
- The ability to work safely and efficiently in the lab, plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.