Practitioner / consultant
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
At EMD Performance Materials, the R&D Scientist will work with a team of curious scientists providing advanced material solutions to the semiconductor industry. We are at the forefront of technology, working with all the leading semiconductor manufacturers to deliver integrated solutions to the most challenging problems.
You will conduct advanced research around a directed self-assembly of block copolymers for generating lithographically smaller feature sizes for IC industries.
- Develop methods for self-assembly process and characterization of self-assembly materials in lab and fab environment
- Serve as a key contact person for management and peers alike
- Manage and lead projects, and influence others without direct authority
- Work in a matrix environment
This role may involve both domestic and international travel
Who you are:
- Master’s Degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Chemistry or other related Science or Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in wafer process, photo resist process, nano fabrication, formulation of organic materials or lithography process development
- PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, Electrical engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or Chemistry
- Experience in thin film characterization and hands-on with microscopic techniques (SEM, AFM, TEM, XPS etc.)
- Hands on experience with lithography, dry/wet etch or film deposition tools
- Experience of working in a clean room facility
- Electronic Industry experience
- Exposure to Directed self-assembly of block copolymer technology
- Understanding of basic chemical behavior in organic thin film
- Highly motivated to work with a team and succeed, able to learn and adopt new concepts and capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development
- Ability to generate DoE and do analysis to correlated chemistry of lithographic materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.