Location: Various Locations, WA, US
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Bridge & Marine District
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in technical bridges, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
This position involves the management of a team of field and cost engineers. The position requires strong interpersonal skills and information management as it is the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cashflow information. This role also requires strong mentorship skills as the Project Engineer will be expected to develop the people below him or her.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Revenue/Cost/Cashflow Management
• Temp Engineering
• Permanent Design Management
• Quantity Control
• Project Closeout
• Client Relations
• Assist in Operations Planning
• Contract / Subcontract Administration
• Mentoring of new engineers
• BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering and/or Civil, Construction and Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent program.
• Construction experience or classroom instruction in the following areas is required: Read and interpret civil design drawings, specifications and perform material take-off, apply labor costs, and examine in-process and completed work.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Must be willing and able to travel and relocate.
• 5-8 years of related work experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
Corporate / senior
Omaha , United States