Mid-level industry position
• With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices. Evaluate that information to devise and implement a plan based on the evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
• Observe functionality of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
• Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens.)
• Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
• Develop and maintain the project master schedule using appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
• Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log.
• Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field.
• Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections.
• Purchase and expedite delivery of materials; manage the material’s control operation.
• Assist site manager in implementing the project quality/assurance control program.
• Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes.
• Act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects, providing supervision and on-the-job training for lower level engineers.
• Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
• Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
• Proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization, delegation as well as teaching and mentoring
• Ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates
• Working knowledge and ability to direct the operation of at least the following management systems: accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates and subcontracts
• Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field or equivalent experience and education in project or field engineering
• Minimum of six years’ experience in construction or engineering with high engagement in safety management
• Must have a demonstrated willingness to relocate.
• Industrial construction project experience is required