A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Engineer within the Filtration R&D group at MilliporeSigma Process Solutions in Bedford, MA. In this position, the individual will be responsible for designing and developing novel filtration device products used in the processing and purification of pharmaceutical and biotech product streams.
In our dynamic corporate environment, the candidate will lead and support product development teams to develop and validate filtration products using current and new manufacturing processes, which includes knowledge transfer to the manufacturing organization resulting in a successful commercial launch. They will work on planning, executing, and analyzing designed experiments, demonstrate a hands-on approach in a development lab and/or manufacturing environment, and be responsible for meeting project goals and deadlines while achieving cost targets.
Who You Are:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- 2+ years of product development experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical setting
- 1+ years of experience with biotech or similar manufacturing processes
- 1+ years of experience with product/equipment design or computer-aided design software
- Good understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques (e.g. injection molding, extrusion, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding)
- Good understanding of TFF or filtration products related to cell and gene therapy applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to drive for solutions to complex problems
- Hands-on technical skills in a lab and/or manufacturing environment with a high level of mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate across various levels and departments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Experienced in design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis methods.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to interact effectively with people in all areas of the company including R&D, plant operations, quality, purchasing, and product management
- Medical device or biopharmaceutical industry experience
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.