Researcher / analyst
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a process engineering technician for a position within its Technology group located in Tempe, AZ. You will work with a cross functional team of chemists, material scientists, chemical engineers to develop new and innovative chemical approaches to solving challenges faced in advanced dielectric and conductive film patterning and etching.
- Conduct research on state-of-the art semiconductor processing equipment.
- Work with a Principal Investigator to process wafers in EMD’s clean room, collect and collate metrology data, maintain the process equipment, and support the lab’s infrastructure.
- Focus on following safe work practices by following EMD safety procedures and policies.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Sciences, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Integrated Device Manufacturers, Original Equipment Manufacturers and/or Academic Research labs
- Associates Degree in Physical Sciences or technical related degree
- 4+ years of plasma etch R&D or manufacturing development experience
- Previous experience with Integrated Device Manufacturers, Original Equipment Manufacturers and / or Academic Research labs.
- Experience with plasma-based processes for dielectric or conductive film etching, vacuum systems and thin films metrology is desirable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.