Practitioner / consultant
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an opening as a Process Engineer at our St. Louis site. You will be reporting to the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the Process Engineer will work with other team members on the development of new manufacturing templates for bioconjugates and RNA Lipid nanoparticles. Your responsibilities include:
- Serve/grow as the subject matter expert on biologics process engineering within the group
- Identify optimized solutions considering newest scientific data sources and interact with the scientific community in the areas of interest
- Work with outside contractors and vendors for the evaluation and implementation of new instrument and new technologies
- Drive application of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and operations
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering or other Scientific or Engineering discipline
- 1+ years of work experience in process engineering
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of working experience or master’s degree with 1+ years of working experience in the cGMP/GLP environment. Ph.D. degree is a plus.
- Desire to translate new science into new therapeutic technologies and the ambition to succeed in an innovation driven environment.
- Experience with Aseptic handling and knowledge of microbiology are highly desirable
- Experience with bioconjugation or liposome is a plus.
- Experience with process development, technical transfer, scale-up, and process validation is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in global and multicultural environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.