Research assistant / technician
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to delivery on-time scheduled maintenance services within an assigned geography and product family. The Preventative Maintenance Technician (PM Technician) is responsible for ensuring that scheduled maintenance services for laboratory analytical instrumentation are performed to ensure optimal equipment efficiency. This candidate should possess good communication skills both oral and written, great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to cross-train and, be able to work independently as a customer centric professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will work on our Core and Multi-Vendor Products
- Preventive Maintenance Visits (PM Visits)
- Calibration services (CAL’s)
- Troubleshoot and repair simple issues
- Record/Document/Execute protocols and cases in service management system timely
- Support and Coordination assistance for relocation and program inventory
- Transfer of knowledge to end users around the function and optimal use of laboratory equipment.
- There will be extensive travel with this position. The areas included are, but not limited to primarily Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and the Caribbean, but sometimes Florida.
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."Rachel Adomat, System Applications Integrator
Manny Farag, Gas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Lee Marotta, Senior Field Application Scientist
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."Samantha Casseus, Boston-based Full Stack Developer
Research assistant / technician