Postdoc in optimal charging for electrical vehicles in energy communities
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The division of Electromagnetic Engineering at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, consist of teachers, researchers and PhD students all contributing to intensive, high quality research and education in a friendly and open atmosphere. The staff have a highly international background, and have English as the working language. The division is internationally well established, with many research collaborations with excellent partners around the world, working in various European and nationally funded projects
The main work in the advertised position is research in optimal charging schedules for electrical vehicles used by the residents in energy communities having renewable energy. This includes analysis of the effects of non-reliable availability of the electrical vehicles, constraints and demands of the energy community, overarching goals of the residents as well as impact of additional systems present (e.g. heat pumps). The tasks are to model and investigate the optimization problem under the different identified relevant scenarios and to suggest suitable actions. Some involvement in relevant education tasks may also be included
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree degree in electrical engineering with suitable focus, or similar, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- A strong background in at least one of the following areas: energy storage and renewable energy, optimization and technical modelling.
- The successful candidate will have excellent academic merits, and well developed skills in analytical work and problem solving
- We seek a strongly motivated person with good ability to work in collaboration and also to work independently.
- Competence in spoken and written English is necessary for discussion and for publication and presentation of research results in international journals and conferences.
- Desirable qualities are documented pedagogical ability and an awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with particular focus on gender equality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Not more than two pages long.
- A research plan for the project, including methods, challenges and expectations. No more than 1 page.
- Representative publications or technical reports, each document no longer than 10 pages. For longer documents (e.g. a thesis) attach a summary, and provide a link to the full version.
- Two recommendation letters, and contact details for two reference people. We reserve the right to contact the references only for candidates at the final stage of selection.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position is time-limited to 1 year, with possible extension with 1 year.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
SE-100 44 Stockholm , Sweden