Mid-level industry position
Success Starts Here
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
This success is the result of our employees' diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can write your own success story. Come help us solve our customers' toughest problems and be part of a company that plays a vital role in the future of electronics.
Lam Research - a company where successful people want to work.
Mechanical Engineer 2 About Lam….
Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
- Participates in the conceptualization, modeling, analysis, development, documentation, and test/validation of hardware associated with new semiconductor equipment.
- May design parts using metals, ceramics, quartz, plastics, and advanced coatings/plating’s. Work with potential suppliers to ensure parts can be manufactured in accordance with performance and cost objectives.
- Ensures documentation is consistent with SEMI, Lam Standards and other standards as applicable (ANSI, DIN etc.), as well as best known methods for GD&T; accordingly, demonstrates knowledge and ability to properly utilize them.
- Performs analytical work in order to characterize and properly specify new and existing designs, including heat transfer, stress, vibrations, fluid/gas dynamics and manufacturability.
- May develop and execute test plans that generate characterization data sufficient to understand and validate the performance of the design.
- Develops and present reports/presentations of excellent quality that communicate design intent, analysis, and validation at design reviews.
- Collaborates with other departments for procurement and assembly of mechanical components/ equipment.
- Professionally represents the company to the customer.
- We are looking for a New College Grad, someone who is about to graduate or must have graduated within the last 24 months to be consider for this position
- Mechanical Bachelor’s degree or Mechanical Master’s degree
- 1 or 2 years of industry experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of MS Office