ManTech is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer Lead to support Air Force space launch and range program, and to lead and perform Manufacturing Engineering/Producibility and Quality Engineering roles in evaluating critical manufacturing processes for qualification and variation that may impact design and manufacturability of Flight Critical Items.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives, and
• Leads and manages a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team interfaces.
• Responsible for daily tasks and oversight of Manufacturing and Quality (M&Q) team.
• Works with launch system provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during certification activities.
• Monitors and reviews tasks and products being produced by M&Q team, which include but not limited to: data tables, audit checklists, ChERB presentations, and reports status to the customer.
• Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance. Develops high level template for ChERB presentations.
• Compiles and presents weekly status charts of team to AF leadership. Oversees the team’s completion of audits and audit checklists in preparation for ERBs/design reviews and ChERBS.
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
• Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track manufacturing and quality audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
• Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
• Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
• Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
• Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
• Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
• Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
• Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
• Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, 12 years minimum experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and attention to detail
• Detailed knowledge and use of Microsoft office products, including word and PowerPoint and PC usage.
• Strong communication and auditing skills, team participator, including resolving conflict
• Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly
• Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Experience with Rocket propulsion systems and subsystems (engines, tanks, pumps, etc) manufacturing and test.
Other Skills Preferred:
• A strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired.
• Master's Degree desirable
• Analytical and Critical thinking skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Multi-tasking ability
Mid-level industry position
Washington, D.C. , United States