- Author maintenance data (e.g., repair, trouble-shooting, component maintenance, system description) for engineering concurrence or approval by researching existing engineering data (e.g., directives, engineering changes, wiring diagrams, functional tests, supplier data, product delivery configurations) to support customer, regulatory, industry and company requirements.
- Perform procedure validation activities to confirm accuracy, improve the maintainability of the product or minimize product (e.g., aircraft) downtime. Observe the physical enactment of maintenance procedures as they would be performed by customer maintenance technicians or mechanics.
- Develop technical solutions for engineering concurrence to optimize customer (e.g., airline; maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities; business jets, etc.) operations, resolve emergent needs and regulatory compliance issues. Research, analyze, and develop new maintenance solutions based on design review and analysis of recurring product support data utilizing field experience.
- Maintain positive customer interface through regular contact and foster open communication to understand maintenance requirements.
- Research and assess engineering changes using technical and customer knowledge to determine the impacts to maintenance operations. Communicate product maintainability impacts to engineering.
- Ability to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum AA degree in related discipline required.
- Experience interfacing with external customers and responding to support requests
- Experience analyzing engineering design changes to determine level of repair requirements
- Experience collecting data from multiple sources to create reports
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- AA degree in related discipline and typically 2 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in military systems engineering processes and logistics
- Experience working on Military or Military/Commercial Derivative Aircraft
- Experience developing and documenting supportability concepts, including Logistics Support Analysis
Typical Education and Experience:
- AA degree in related discipline and typically 1 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in Tukwila, WA and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.