This Senior Principal Engineer is a technical leader in a system-level, fast-paced R&D environment, guiding a team to deliver advanced technical expertise and solutions to complex engineering problems:
- Collaborate with various subsystem function leads and project engineers to establish system-level objectives, controls requirements, and architecture.
- Coordinate the design, analysis, and implementation activities of the controls team to achieve these goals.
- Deliverables from the team include controls algorithms, design descriptions, test methods, risk management analyses, test plans, and other project documentation from the concept phase through successful product launch.
- It is expected that this person has the technical skills and experience necessary to guide and mentor other highly capable individual contributors.
Working in the Seaport District, in Boston, MA, you are responsible for leading the controls development efforts for the next-generation surgical robotic platform, including:
- Building on your domain expertise, act as a strong leader and mentor to the team and make key technical decisions, coordinate objectives, and activities for the controls team to:
- Design, model, evaluate algorithms for real-time motion control
- Test and tune open- and closed-loop controls algorithms and parameters
- Create requirements, detailed design, and technical review documentation
- Develop test methods for verification and validation of algorithms
- Develop and utilize simulations and models
- Evaluate tools, technologies, architectures, models, and test results
Executive / senior industry position
Santa Ana , United States