As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder is seeking a Hydrogeologist/Environmental Geologist to join its Mine Water Division in Arizona. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for high quality, client focused work products is essential. The ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally is a necessity. As a key member of the team, you will support existing water resource, mining, and environmental projects using a strong foundation in quantitative hydrogeology.
* Field data collection planning and implementation in support of hydrogeologic interpretation. This work may include preparation, installation, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance of field instrumentation for groundwater and surface water monitoring, geologic logging of boreholes, monitoring well installation, oversight of well hydraulic tests, and groundwater and surface water sampling and flow measurements.
* Interpretation of hydrogeologic and hydrologic data using data manipulation tools (such as Excel and Access), and numerical and analytical groundwater and contaminant transport modeling tools.
* Working with engineers, GIS specialists, and other environmental experts to contribute to larger multidisciplinary projects.
* Understanding the regulatory environment as necessary to successfully complete project work.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* MS in Hydrogeology, Geology (with hydrogeology focus), or Geological Engineering, with an emphasis in fundamental geologic principals and quantitative hydrogeology;
* A minimum of one year relevant work experience;
* A strong interest in field data collection and instrumentation;
* A keen interest in environmental monitoring and sampling;
* Willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment;
* Willing and able to travel both locally and internationally. Assignments may include travel to remote locations and outside work in various climates;
* Ability to plan and execute field programs with knowledge of proper sampling techniques;
* Desire to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues in a readily-understood format.
* All candidates must have excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of services.
* Strong interpersonal, team building and critical thinking skills are essential.
* Previous work experience in environmental permitting;
* Proficient in the use of Excel and Access;
* An interest in quantitative hydrogeologic interpretation
* Previous Health and Safety training, such as OSHA HAZWOPER or MSHA preferred.
Corporate / junior
1430 W Broadway Rd # 108, Tempe, AZ 85282,
Tempe , United States