Executive / senior industry position
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are growing the Optum User Experience Design Studio (UXDS) in Dublin and are looking for a creative and technically savvy Interaction Designer to join our team. You will be joining an established UX Studio in Dublin, with over 24 team members. Globally we have the support of over 160 as part of the global UXDS team. You will work within a collaborative, cross-functional team, following a user-centered design process, as we design a better health care experience. You will partner with user interface designers, other interaction designers, web developers and UX managers to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
- Interaction Design
- Research, analyse and interpret a variety of inputs to conceive and document user experience requirements
- Effectively represent the voice of the user to influence and improve design decisions
- Create wireframes, site maps, feature lists, specifications and other artefacts
- Develop interactive design simulations using Axure or similar design tools
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, content specialists and developers during ideation, design and development
- Consult with the team throughout development and rollout to ensure designs are understood, implemented and communicated appropriately
- Contribute to internal innovation projects related to user experience
- Research and Analysis
- Work closely with our internal research team to conduct primary research via user interviews, focus groups and contextual analysis to generate actionable insights for user experience designs
- Assist with designing usability tests, draft test scripts and perform test moderation
- Effectively communicate research findings to product teams and stakeholders
- Monitor industry, technology and competitive trends to continually identify opportunities for applying improvements
- 6+ years of experience designing user interfaces for the web following user-centered design principles
- A proven track record of delivering user-centric solutions, including a portfolio of past UX/IA projects, which should include task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
- Ability to adapt user-centered and visual designs to stakeholder requirements and technical constraints
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A good practice of selling ideas with good negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- High level of customer focus
- Experience with designing and developing interactive prototypes using Axure or a similar design tools
- An undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or education experience in designing user interfaces for the web following user-centered design principles
- Knowledge of providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles
- Knowledge of group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting
- Knowledge and practical application of accessibility factors, per ADA, Section 508 requirements and WCAG 2.0/2.1 guidelines
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Previous experience in leading teams or projects, scoping new work and stakeholder management
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Job Detail Information
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.