ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist in the development of new products for laboratory chemical and biological containment hoods for the organization.
• Proactively develop tools and resources that promote the safe and efficient use of laboratory ventilated products.
• Serve as a technical resource for Dealers/Distributers, architects and owners with product education, selection, and specifications.
• Respond to all technical questions in writing or in person, relating to ventilated products by customers, users, and the dealer organization.
• Proactively advance learning to become proficient in all relevant regulatory requirements for ventilated products.
• Maintain an awareness of competitive products, new product design, processing technological advances, and market innovations.
• Evaluate, test, and document new products to validate safety, improve quality and/or cost of our existing standards.
• Attend seminars and training to stay familiar with the latest design processes and latest manufacturing capabilities.
• Possess the knowledge and capability to troubleshoot, install, and/or repair Kewaunee products.
• Research and apply current trends and developments in technology and design/engineering in order to enhance and/or maintain market share and profitability in a global market.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or related field, and; or Associate's degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or related field, and three to five years’ of experience; or ten to fifteen years; experience in casework design, processing, manufacturing, and/or machine programming. Applicants should possess a working knowledge of exhaust ventilation design, computational fluid dynamics, and basic chemistry. Continual learning and research is required to enhance competitiveness of our products. Some travel will be required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Corporate / senior
2700 W Front St, Statesville, NC 28677
Statesville , United States