GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Our Environmental business is growing! We have an entry-level Geologist / Scientist / Environmental Engineer opening available out of our Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI office.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to begin to develop your professional skills by learning from the senior-level staff within our Waste Management and Contamination Assessment & Remediation service lines.
This role will allow you the opportunity to work on the following:
- Field work could include: sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas & indoor air, aquifer testing, closure of underground storage tanks, oversight of remedial actions, and oversight of geophysical testing
- Office work could include: compilation, review & interpretation of sampling data, preparation of sections of reports & proposal, subcontractor coordination, summarizing data in tables and figures, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Geology/Hydrogeology or a science related field
- 0-5 years of experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation projects
- Ability to travel and perform field work
- Experience with modelling and statistical software a plus
- A valid driver’s license
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER is also a plus
Mid-level industry position
Chicago , United States