Practitioner / consultant
Requisition ID: 231226
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values –ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants –integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
This position is for an aviation prospect in Ireland. The project has not been awarded yet and offers will be extended post project award. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.
The Design Engineer will have responsibility for the assurance (and, where required, the design) of engineering elements relating to their discipline and will be associated with various projects being delivered, including airfield projects, site works, utilities, buildings and building services, external works associated with buildings, car parks and minor roads works.
The role will involve the assurance of designs carried out design consultants and contractor design teams and will require the review of designs and design assumptions, drawings, schedules of quantities, calculations, compliance documentation and contract documentation. The Design Engineer will also support the co-ordination of design activities undertaken by 3rd party consultants ensuring full compliance with required standards and Client Requirements.
- Ensure design is completed in accordance with timelines, quality and cost objectives set by the Client.
- Assess project requirements relating to the relevant engineering elements across the Programmes to ensure they are both feasible and in line with the Client’s objectives.
- Work with the construction teams to ensure compliance with approved designs during construction phases.
- Assure designs are in accordance with codes of practice, ICAO/EASA standards and best international practice and statutory requirements.
- Review and approve design calculations and drawings as required.
- Engage with and bench-mark against UK and European Airports to apply best practice standards and procedures.
- Ensure works are designed and phased in a manner which minimises airport operational disruption and that are constructible and cost efficient.
- Assist in the preparation of tender requests for the procurement of external consultants and support the procurement of design services and contractor(s).
- Assist with the writing of specifications and technical reports, conduct site visits and site surveys.
- Ensure that the recommended solutions are sustainable and cost effective across the Programmes.
- Manage and oversee all technical queries, issues, root causes, and corrective actions, ensuring closure in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the technical performance of the external third party consultants
- Ensure clear coordination with other aspects of the projects (civil, electrical, mechanical, architectural, structural design) to ensure interfaces are functional
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Practitioner / consultant