Junior industry position
Join the NuVasive Engineering team a cooperative learning opportunity this Fall 2019! If selected you will be provided with both training and mentorship from our Engineering and Operations staff as you hone your skills and apply your knowledge in a hands-on, highly technical production environment. You will also have the opportunity to contribute a highly innovative culture.
- Work closely with NuVasive shareowners to support physical production process reviews, mapping, and translation of CNC machining and finishing activities into NuVasive’s manufacturing execution system
- Support the development and maintenance of production work instructions
- Provide engineering support and assistance for quality assurance activities as needed
- Interact cross-functionally with various other internal teams within operations, quality, IT, supply chain, and finance
- Support equipment installation, equipment and process qualifications/documentation, and facilities modifications/upgrades as needed
- Assist the Operations Team in identifying process improvement opportunities
- Miscellaneous technical generation and analysis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must currently be in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline along with the successful completion of prerequisites for Co-op program as defined by accredited University
- Students receiving academic credit for participation
- Ability to commit to Nuvasive in a rotating Co-op capacity
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to provide college transcripts as well as a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. Nuvasive is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.