The Engineering Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, administering, and supervising the activities of the manufacturing process engineering function for the organization. This position requires you to work with staff to plan and design methods to maintain, improve or enhance existing manufacturing processes. You are responsible for development and validation of new production processes as well as the upgrade of existing production processes and ensures effective transition in to production standard practices. This position works with other manufacturing and engineering departments to ensure all new products are producible, as well as assists in analyzing and reviewing manufacturing budgets, schedules, and production requirements to determine the most cost effective and efficient methods of obtaining necessary resources. The Engineering Manager also develops and recommends revisions or enhancements to schedules, human and monetary resource allocations, and production standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Project planning and scheduling skills.
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Capable of managing multiple program/projects, and tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, comprehensive team environment.
- Requirement flow-down (Voice of Customer a Functional Requirements a Design Parameter & Process Parameters).
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA).
- Developing new processes and tooling/fixtures.
- Creating 2D and 3D CAD/CAE (SolidWorks).
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA, DFMEA).
- Control Methods (Mistake Proofing, Flags, SPC, Inspection, SOP and Warning Signals).
- Tolerance Analysis/Simulation.
- Design of Experiments (Factorial DOE – full and fractional) and optimization.
- Control Plan.
- Project planning, cross-function leader of teams involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Cellular manufacturing flow, pull, line balancing, standard work and time standards.
- Root Cause Analysis methods.
- Write Justification (ROI) for capital projects.
- Product/equipment validation (i.e. IQOQPA, PPAP).
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Design and plan production pilot runs.
- Molding (i.e. compression, transfer, injection).
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio.
- Proficient with Minitab.
- Understands bill of material (BOM) and shop routing.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, results orientated, and can work prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings (including GD&T).
- Mechanical measurement and instrumentation skills.
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Process mapping methods (VSM, high/mid/low-level maps, swim-lane, SIPOC).
- Capability Analysis (Cp/Cpk, DPMO, % Yield).
Corporate / management
255 Rex Boulevard Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Cary , United States