Practitioner / consultant
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Engineer III with MilliporeSigma, you will work within Virus Filtration R&D in Bedford MA, with a responsibility for research and development projects directed to novel filtration technologies suitable for the manufacture of therapeutic biopharmaceuticals. As an experienced researcher, you will lead technology and product development efforts to deliver advanced filtration and separation technologies for a wide range of bioprocessing applications. You will use engineering and design skills as a technical lead for a project team or be technical expert on larger projects, with a responsibility for assignments and tasks of high complexity.
- Identify, evaluate, and commercialize promising technical approaches
- Achieve project goals and timelines, and develop materials, devices, and methods that achieve cost and performance objectives
- Consolidate customer needs and requirements, support prototype field trials, and assist in the development and transfer of commercially viable technologies to manufacturing
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering or Materials Science or a related technical discipline and 5+ years of working experience related to technical/engineering
- Master’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering or Materials Science or a related technical discipline and 3+ years of working experience related to technical/engineering
- Experience with thermoplastics, product/equipment design and/or computer-aided design software
- Good understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques (e.g. injection molding, extrusion, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding)
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Proficient in design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis methods
- Basic understanding of intellectual property and patent filings
- Advanced knowledge of and practice in protein separations and/or biotechnology manufacturing
- Knowledge of filtration products, processes and applications
- Hands-on problem solver, capable of conducting development work in a manufacturing environment
- Sense of urgency and unwavering resolve to meet project timelines
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.