Position supports the electrical aspects of Vestas wind turbine sales and installation, efforts. Position is required to perform complex electrical engineering assignments specializing in PSSE model simulations with considerable latitude for action and decision making. The geography covers all Vestas Sales Value Chain divisions across the United States and Canada.
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc., Service - US & Canada.
• Preparation of Standardized Contract Templates for BOP Works
• Review of customer contract and where required, BoP subcontract documents, and assemble tender deviations
• Research and prepare formal responses to customer inquiries regarding wind turbine capabilities.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer, industry, and regulatory organizations.
• Review utility interconnection requirements to ensure wind park compliance with grid transmission operators.
• Technical risk assessment & mitigation during Value Engineering/Negotiation phase
• Participate in contract negotiations and project meetings with regard to wind turbine electrical issues.
• Review customer’s electrical studies and provide recommendations for compliance and optimizations
• Support Technical Bid Engineer in formulating Requests for Non-Standard Products (RNSP) to propose a site-specific solution not currently available within Vestas portfolio.
Grid Code Support:
• Grid Compliance Community Support including Grid Code scouting, interpretation & influencing.
• Pro-active communication with System Operators
• Participate in Grid Code and Wind Industry working groups and technical committees.
• Prepare simulation model data packages and associated support to system operators and customers.
• Review new wind turbine system designs for North American grid code compliance.
Electrical Pre Design:
• Collection of all electrical data and customer/site/grid requirements for project grid integration studies and perform studies for Engineering Pre-Design (EPD)
• Review EPD study reports and evaluate for external use.
• Support Customer's to optimize projects using the EPD study results.
• Assistance during customer/TSO/contractor meetings
• Prepare Functional Design Specification (FDS) for Power Plat Controller (PPC) implementation
• Prepare Grid Compliance Test Protocol (plans and procedures) and support during Tests execution
• Support project commissioning approvals for grid connection (design, construction and commissioning)
• Prepare site specific turbine settings for grid code compliance performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power and control systems required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical power and/or control systems; background in solving power and control system problems
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with PSSE software dynamic simulations –.
• Ability to run wide range of electrical studies with user-written source code integrated (SCI) PSSE models as well as WECC standard models
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced/deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and changing organization.
• Strong computer skills, specifically in MS Office products
• Must be a highly motivated self starter and be able to work with little to no supervision.
• Specific experience in the implementation, operation, and system standards of wind power plants.
• Experience in project management and systematized problem-solving methodology (8D, DMAIC, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of PSCAD and E-TRAN
This position requires a elevated level of verbal and written communication including the ability to assist in high level negotiations with customers, Jurisdictions Having Authority, independent engineers, code/standards writing bodies, etc. The position requires the ability to clearly communicate with internal and external executive management.
Mid-level industry position
Portland , United States