A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an exciting opportunity to join the Applications team in BioProcessing’s Single-Use & Integrated Systems R&D organization. The mission of the Applications team is to influence new product design with customer needs. The Bioprocessing Scientist/Engineer helps drive a successful product development and launch through focused customer interactions, lab experimentation, and thought leadership. By leveraging and building your expertise in chromatography and filtration technologies, you will play a key part in the development of intensified and integrated continuous bioprocessing solutions and actively participate in Biopharma 4.0 movement by connecting downstream unit operations. The ideal candidate will exercise both creative and analytical thinking to effectively design and perform hands-on laboratory experiments, draw meaningful conclusions from the results, enhance technical understanding, and generate thought leadership in this exciting and rapidly growing application space.
This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus.
- Explore, characterize, and assess the performance of existing and new technologies for intensified downstream bioprocessing applications
- Research literature, attend conferences, collaborate with internal SMEs, and connect directly with customers through specific collaborations to keep current with the bioprocessing end user’s process design targets, performance expectations, technical advancements, and general bioprocessing needs
- Design and execute thoughtful and impactful experiments to drive product and process development efforts at bench and pilot/process scale.
- Deliver presentations summarizing technical results and thought leadership both internally and externally
- Domestic and international travel may be required
Who you Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other scientific field
- 2+ years’ experience planning, conducting, documenting, and analyzing data from hands-on experimental work in a laboratory setting
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other scientific field
- Motivated, team oriented, and enjoy creating well-designed laboratory experiments and drawing meaningful conclusions from the results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, vendors, and managers
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.