Practitioner / consultant
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a permanent development engineer for the Single Use and Integrated Systems, Research and Development group within MilliporeSigma Process Solutions business unit. As a part of the R&D organization, the successful candidate will develop novel products used in the processing and purification of pharmaceutical and biotech product streams. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus.
In this dynamic environment, the candidate will participate in development projects. The candidate will lead a technical team to design, develop and validate single use products. They will successfully transfer robust products and processes into manufacturing and support commercial launches of these products. The candidate must have proven organizational and communication skills to drive projects to meet critical milestones and deliverables. The candidate must have the ability to innovate using creativity and technical fundamentals, have self-driven curiosity, and an entrepreneurial spirit to always seek out development opportunities.
The candidate will have the following experience:
- Product design and plastic component design / prototyping
- CAD skills and proficiency with SolidWorks & PDM
- Hands-on approach in a development lab / MFG environment
- Leading projects
- Proven project planning & budgeting to meet project goals in a dynamic environment / MS Project
- Proficient in engineering, problem solving, experimental design, data analysis (Minitab), FMEA, & DFM
- Presenting projects to a broad audience communicating successes and improvement opportunities
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and have effective team relationships including members representing a broad range of functions (R&D, manufacturing, quality, procurement, and product management
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships
- Writing technical reports, presentations, validation documentation for manufacturing processes, IQOQPQ
- Understand validation requirements for pharmaceutical and medical devices/ BPOG guidelines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Work and PowerPoint)
- 5-20% travel required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Polymer Engineering and or Chemical
- 5+ years of experience with product development and product design in related field
- 5+ years of CAD Proficiency
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.