Job Title: Creative Visualisation Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Design Operations
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for a Creative Visualisation Specialist to join our team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Enable the Design Team to “Design breath-taking products that tell the visual story of their function”.
- Produce digital visualisation stills and real-time assets to support the Design process
- Produce digital visualisation assets to support Marketing events and customer experiences
- Manage the digital pipeline and data exchange for visualisation deliverables
- Manage the VR/AR hardware and software for internal PD use
- Research new Design tools to add value to the Design Process and Customer experiences
- Work closely with Head of Design Operations to plan and deliver all Visualisation requirements
- Plan day to day workload to ensure all Visualisation deliverables are on time
- Oversee contract Visualisation support regarding inputs and deliverables
- Liaise with Marketing to understand and advise best solutions to deliver their Visualisation requirements
- Support events as a Brand Ambassador as required
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to add value to the Visualisation outputs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of a university-level course with specialization in 3D games art
- Extensive experience in creating videos and cinematics and show reels in UE4 or similar softwares that lead to class leading engagement.
- Extensive experience working in Unreal Engine 4. Ideal candidate would be familiar in every aspect of the content creation pipeline with a focus on building photo-realistic materials and Blueprint scripting
- Thorough understanding of photo-realistic lighting and rendering
- Ability to setup VR projects with interaction and navigation controls in Unreal Engine 4
- Must be experienced with performance profiling toolset
- Knowledge and experience of AR would be beneficial
- Experience working with 3D software packages such as Maya, 3D Studio Max, VRED etc.
- Previous experience with data conversion - starting from basic CAD data through to completion
- Must have working knowledge of UV mapping, modelling and texturing
- Previous professional experience in the Computer Games industry, basic understanding of C++, C and other programming languages/scripting and a thorough understanding of game play logic
- Excellent Graphics skills with a real attention to detail combined with well-developed conceptual thinking
- Configurator design and build experience with integration of VR/AR
- Challenge Mind-set: “Keep a calm head, see the situation as a challenge not a threat.”
- Act with Integrity: “Put the team first & represent those who have gone before and all those who will follow.”
- High Performance Environment: “Find incremental ways to continually improve.”
- No Egos: “Sweep the sheds and give each other the benefit of the doubt.”
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom