Executive / senior industry position
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Merck has an opening for Pilot Plant Lead in SP&C Chupei lab locates at Hsinchu, Taiwan.
This is a senior engineering level position in Surface Preparation and Clean (SP&C) R&D, which is within Merck Electronics Patterning Solution R&D organization. The role will focus on scaling up of new formulated products from lab to pilot scale, producing SVM sample in pilot plant to meet customer needs, and transferring production process to HVM plant. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating with SP&C US pilot plant for execution of pilot production to serve global customers.
- Execute daily operations, schedule, and prioritize tasks to meet R&D and customer needs.
- Provide technical advice, support, and guidance in areas such as: site utilities, raw materials, process unit operations & waste chemical treatment.
- Ensure the site's compliance to EHS, quality and regulatory procedures.
- Oversee the installation and commissioning of equipment by contractors.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- Propose and manage site improvement projects, upgrades, and maintenance schedules.
- Respond customer requests and complaints, and resolve issues and problems in timely manner
Who You are:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Materials Science, 1+ years of experience in the product scale up and pilot plant/HVM production OR MS degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Materials Science, 3+ years of experience in the product scale up and pilot plant or HVM production
- Experienced in scale up technology, chemical engineering process and design.
- Skilled in formulated product blending, filtration, and packaging processes.
- Familiar with raw material purification and metrologies for liquid property characterization, i.e. liquid particle counter.
- Have knowledge or working experience in the semiconductor industry, particularly in formulated wet cleans and familiar with wet clean equipment and process tools
- Self-motived and capability to be independent contributor
- Demonstrate creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills that support a diverse, cross-functional, multicultural team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications capability in English is preferred for global customer and internal communications.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com