McLaren Applied Technologies:
McLaren Applied Technologies is a high-performance technology company which combines fresh thinking and innovation to solve crucial challenges and improve people's lives in industries as diverse as health, public transport, automotive and motorsport.
As Chief Engineer for Power Electronics you will act as the technical authority and subject matter expert regarding Power Electronics for hybrid and electric vehicles in both motorsport and niche automotive applications. This Chief Engineer role will also curate the technology roadmap in this area, keeping the business at the forefront of industry trends.
- Strong and confident technical leader, accountable for technical decisions and technical delivery on projects, working closely with development team Technical Leads
- Perform design reviews and sign off of designs and documentation
- Support bid tenders and pre-sales activities to ensure alignment with technical capabilities, strategy and the ability to deliver
- Liaise with the management of third party organisations including customers, partners and suppliers.
- Attend relevant conferences or seminars to remain cognisant of current technological developments in Power Electronics
- Accountable for Power Electronic technical solutions, deliverables and risk management to meet long-term business goals
- Define technology based critical success factors, provide high-level direction and significant input to Power Electronics design proposals.
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices.
- Introduce radical improvements to business processes, where appropriate.
- Supervise research from a basic concept through to a feasibility proof study, generating IP as and where appropriate.
- Ensure optimal use of Power Electronics skills and experience to provide most value to the business
- Lead disruptive change to a positive outcome, using sound engineering principles; think outside the box
- Contribute to policy on safety issues and champion safe working practices.
- Assess new products, clients and markets, representing the company externally in a thought leadership capacity.
- Develop and deliver complex Power Electronics systems. Plan and execute adoption of new techniques across the business and disseminate knowledge.
- Guides and mentors other technical staff.
Skills and Experience:
- First class degree or upper 2nd in Engineering, Electronics, Physics or other relevant field (or equivalent experience). Preferably a post-graduate qualification such as a PhD.
- Chartered Engineer status from a recognized professional engineering institution, such as the IET.
- Specialist technical expertise of Inverter/DC to DC link design
- Strong design, analytical and numerical skills.
- Product or industrial design creative ability.
- Significant and deep technical knowledge in Power Electronics for Hybrid and EV applications.
Executive / senior industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom