Mid-level industry position
Around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers -- where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person’s contributions. We’re happy you’re interested in continuing your career journey with Baxter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support maintenance in the troubleshooting and debug of existing manufacturing equipment, including, but not limited to, PLC’s, Robotics, vision systems and IT based manufacturing systems.
- Troubleshooting of automated processes and equipment.
- Resolve performance issues of new and existing equipment.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to maintenance, manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Project management, including documentation/validation.
- Support IT based hardware systems in the manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoot Industrial Ethernet networks and IT network integration.
- Liaise with Engineering, Maintenance and manufacturing operations teams to identify opportunities to improve automation systems and implement. Support the operations team, providing expertise on electrical and control systems within the facility. Provide input to obsolescence and line improvement projects
- Maintain awareness of latest developments in industrial automation technology and introduce them to plant wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity.
- Support the requirements of the quality, energy and environmental management systems.
- Collaborate with technical resources to provide comprehensive support of all Information Systems and Technologies.
- Develop and update training programmes for maintenance support technicians
- Qualification in Engineering, Science or equivalent discipline, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic or automation disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a healthcare, pharmaceutical, or GMP manufacturing environment
- Experienced in Allen Bradley and Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s). Experience in and Texas Instruments would be an advantage.
- Experience in Robotics, vision systems and drive systems an advantage.
- Experience in IT based manufacturing systems and networks.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, with a working knowledge of validation requirements would be desirable.
Note - The successful applicant to this position will be required to work shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.