A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at our State-Of-The-Art Biotech Development Facility in Corsier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland.
Formulation Development & Robotics Associate Scientist - limited contract (CD Max 12 months)
The Biotech Development Center (BDC) is our Company's next flagship biotech investment in line with the ambition to be the Vibrant Science and Technology Company. The BDC is integrating cutting-edge technologies of the future with high-tech automatized and digital laboratories, in a flexible, agile and highly collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Formulation Development Team Lead in the Global Pharmaceutical Development organization, this role represents an opportunity to significantly contribute to the startup of high-tech biologics formulation laboratories in the BDC, by developing and implementing automatized approaches for high-throughput development and testing of biotech products. You will support the realization of a fully end-to-end robotic platform able to generate, stress and analyze large formulation screens in order to identify suitable product formulations. You will work in concertation with an Associate Scientist already working on a recently installed robotic platform, as well as with interns that will join this project.
This role will give you direct responsibilities in conceiving and automating the main experimental steps in formulation development, scripting and coding new procedures and troubleshooting our automatized platform to ensure delivery of our specialty innovator Biotech pipeline to patients.
- Contribute to the startup of high-tech formulation development laboratories in the BDC as per the following:
- Develop and implement dedicated workflows required in formulation development of biologics, by translating existing manual workflows;
- Perform analytical technologies integration into the robotic platform for subsequent analyses.
- Create complete documentation for robotic systems.
- Support development, implementation and testing of new technologies onto the robotic platform
- Monitor the use of robotic systems and optimize their functionality; troubleshoot defects in the robotic application; keep abreast of advancements in robotics and related fields.
Who you are:
- Graduate degree in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology or related field. A PhD degree is a strong plus.
- At least two years of experience with automated systems and liquid handling technologies, with experience in using robotic applications including coding and scripting.
- Knowledge on international guidelines (e.g. ICH) for biopharmaceuticals;
- knowledge of Data generation, Data processing, Data Quality principles, Quality by Design (e.g. DoE)
- Preferred hands-on experience with laboratory information systems, digital tools and lean principles
- Knowledge of protein structure and stability
- Highly motivated and self-driven, and multi-task to support department and business objectives
- Curiosity and open minded to new tools & technology
- Fluent in English, French is an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com