A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the integral part of our innovation team at MilliporeSigma, the R&D Associate Scientist – Process Chemistry will collaborate with our partners in business development, marketing, sales, and production. This individual will ideate new product concepts, innovate solutions by utilizing the principles of process chemistry and chemical engineering, and create workable and sustainable production know-how. Additionally, the R&D Associate Scientist – Process Chemistry is expected to set a high standard for quality and follow good housekeeping practices, business ethics, and comply with all safety regulations.
- Maintain knowledge & expertise in technical areas of organic and organometallic chemistry
- Stay connected with the latest development in process chemistry
- Engage with internal innovation team in formulating project concepts
- Lead or actively contribute to well-defined project charters
- Develop hands-on expertise for process chemistry
- Lead the development of technical solutions and serve as a liaison with the other R&D or technical groups
- Validate technical prototypes
- Document all the innovation work
- Support product launch and post-launch follow ups
- Create workable and sustainable production solutions
- Transfer workable solutions to designated production group
- Provide needed technical support to production
- Offer technical training to production group as needed
Who you are:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science field of study with 1+ years of synthesis experience in organometallics/organic chemistry
- Experience in homogeneous catalysis and catalysts screening
- M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science
- Highly knowledgeable with modern chemistry methodology, with a strong focus on organometallic chemistry, ligand & catalyst development /characterization, and new reaction exploration
- Strong experience in Schlenk-line, glove box and air sensitive chemistry technique
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Industrial experience
- Chemical manufacturing/process development experience
- Experience with design of experiment methodology preferred
- Understanding of statistical process control
- Experience with large scale reactions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.