Mid-level industry position
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at our State-Of-The-Art Biotech Development Facility in Switzerland.
Analytical Operations and QC Planner - BDC
The Biotech Development Center (BDC) is our Company's next flagship biotech investment in line with the ambition to stay The Vibrant Science and Technology Company. The BDC is integrating analytical technologies of the future with high-tech automatized and digital laboratories, in a flexible, agile and highly collaborative environment.
In the “Analytical Operations & Quality Control” organization of Global Analytical Development, this role represents an opportunity for you to significantly contribute to the startup of high-tech GMP analytical laboratories in the BDC, by supporting the creation of a digital and adaptive approach to analytical request, testing schedule, sample and materials management. Once BDC is functional, this role will give you responsibility for managing all aspects of testing/scheduling activities CMC analytical testing on the integrated “Analytical Operations & Quality Control” robotics platform and in the laboratories, leading to reliable execution, efficiency gain and optimization.
Your key responsibilities in this role are:
- Contribute to the startup of high-tech GMP analytical laboratories in the BDC through supporting the deployment of solutions for managing testing requests and planning on the robotics platforms;
- Once BDC is operative, managing scheduling requests and status updates of the analytical department, based on the capacity of resources and technologies available, as to when tests will be completed
- Coordinating with laboratory management and analysts to assure testing execution, and assisting in resolving laboratory or sample-related challenges
- Monitoring upward/downward trends that could impact testing execution, proposing and adapting the testing schedule, and provide visibility to colleagues and management with integration into the overall planning system
- Manage samples for delivering from other functions and/or storage (reception, preparation, transfer and loading)
- Track sample storage conditions detailed chain of custody audit trail for GMP samples
- Liaise with internal and external network sites for testing activities
- Participate as contact for internal and external audits
- Sustain and promote continuous improvements on planning tools
Who you are:
- You are a dynamic and strategic planner and coordinator interested in laboratory testing operations in a high throughput fast paced testing environment
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, or Biotechnology
- 3+ years in planning and/or Project management – project coordination roles
- Knowledge of GLP/GMP/Quality Systems requirements and international guidelines (e.g. ICH)
- Hands-on experience with laboratory information management systems (LIMS), planning digital tools (e.g., Binocs), automation technologies and lean principles
- Ability to work cross-functionally with IT/Digital teams and CMC functions, with collaborative attitude
- Capabilities to optimize processes, particularly to support efficient laboratory delivery
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Proven capabilities in continuous improvement and result-oriented attitude.
- English fluent, French would be an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com