A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The position will be based in Shanghai and will report directly to the Head of Analytical Laboratory of ETCC, Semiconductor Materials BU in China. She/he will be accountable for advanced analytical activities in mechanical and thermal measurements in the Analytical Laboratory of ETCC to ensure safe executions, standard and response speed to internal & external customers in China.
- Strong technical understanding of fundamental material science.
- Experience on application development and method validation in physical evaluation tools. e.g. DSC, TGA, viscometer, surface tensiometer, and other mechanical tests etc.
- Perform routine and non-routine scientific tasks using standard techniques, procedure, and equipment.
- Work closely with R&D, production, quality, and commercial teams to ensure rapid delivery of new products to customers.
- Excellent in analytical problem-solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Prepare/update technical documentation including SOPs, GLPs and calibration records.
- Develop and maintain safety procedure in compliance with applicable regulations and promote safety-first culture in laboratory.
- Accept task assigned, work independently, provide solutions, and interact in relevant technology and business fields
- Adopt/utilize digital means/programs to capture, store and analyze information and maintain security and confidentiality
- Conduct continuous improvement projects for enhancing safety, quality and productivity
- Enable cross sharing of learning, insight and experience of materials processing and application between team members
Who Are You：
- Advanced technical education in relevant fields, e.g. Material Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering etc.
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree, or 3+ years of relevant experience with master’s degree. Experience on semiconductor materials is a plus
- Experience with broad range of analytical techniques is preferred, especially on physical properties and mechanical tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong hands-on ability.
- Familiarity with lean and 5S activities.
- Experience with statistics/data analysis is a plus
- Excellent self-management competence, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player, self-driven, willing to learn, and can-do attitude
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com