The Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Department offers a Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering for qualified university graduates who wish to obtain expertise in the following disciplines within Mechanical Engineering:
- Composite Materials
- Control and Automation
- Manufacturing Systems
- Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics
Requirements for Completion
The Graduate Certificate program can be completed in one year. Students with high standing in their Bachelor’s program and whose academic records satisfy the requirements for Good Standing in the Master’s program in Mechanical Engineering (see Engineering Programssection) may apply for transfer to the Master’s program.
- Credits. A fully-qualified candidate is required to complete a minimum of 16 credits in one of the fields of concentration listed below.
- Minimum of 12 credits of core courses, depending on the area of concentration.
- Maximum of 4 credits of electives, chosen from the elective courses listed or from core courses of any other areas of concentration.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
Program Specific Regulations. An Assessment Grade Point Average (AGPA) of at least 2.75 based on a minimum of 8 credits is required.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulation page for further details regarding the Time Limit requirements.
- Graduation. To be eligible to graduate, students must have obtained a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.75.
Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
1455 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O, Montréal, QC H3G 1M8
Montréal , Canada